Register to vote today! Visit www.co.bergen.nj.us/elections/ for an application form.
For more information call 201-336-6100. Bergen County Superintendent of Elections, Patricia DiConstanzo. Deputy Superintendent, Theresa M. O'Connor
You may register to vote if you are a native-born or naturalized citizen who is:
- 18 years old by election day
- a resident of the state and county at least 30 days before an election
- not denied right to vote due to either court adjudication of "idiocy" or "insanity"
- not serving a sentence, or on parole or probation for an indictable offense
When to Register:
One must be registered to vote at least 29 days before the next election.
Where and How to Register:
- By mail: Registration forms are available from your municipal clerk's office, county commissioner of registration (who may be the superintendent of elections), motor vehicle agencies, public assistance offices, libraries, and the League of Women Voters of New Jersey
- In person: Register with your municipal clerk or county Bergen County Commissioner of Registration/ Superintendent of Elections, One Bergen County Plaza, Room 380, Hackensack, NJ 07601, telephone number: 201-336-6100.
When to Re-Register:
Registration is permanent, but you must re-register if you:
- Change your name: You are entitled to vote only in the next election by signing your registration sheet at the polls with both your previous and new name. After that, you must re-register in your new name.
- Change your residence within county: By the 29th day before election, file change of address form with municipal clerk or county commissioner of registration.
- After the 29th day before election, you may correct your registration on election day at the office of the municipal clerk in your new community of residence.
- Change your residence outside county: By the 29th day before election, you must re-register in new county. If you move after the 29th day before election, you are permitted to vote in your former election district after signing an "Affirmation of Residency" form.
Voter Registration Form
Hit the Voter Registration Form link and then when the form appears print it from your browser print button. Then hit your browser's "Back" button to return.