get connected - subscribe to G.R.I.N.S. to stay alert on news, events and emergency information
for RESIDENTS » how to...

How To...

For general information and resources, contact the Glen Rock Borough at (201) 670-3956, email or click on the links below for quick answers to frequently asked questions.

Where do I go to apply for a marriage license?

The marriage license application is to be made a minimum of 72 hours prior to the ceremony in the New Jersey municipality in which either party resides and the license is valid throughout the State of New Jersey.
If neither applicant is a New Jersey resident, submit the application in the municipality where the marriage ceremony will be performed, the license is only valid in the issuing municipality.

Required documents when applying for a marriage license:

  1. Proof of identity by presenting your driver’s license, passport or state/federal I.D.
  2. Proof of your residency.
  3. Your social security card or social security number.
  4. A witness, 18 years of age or older.
  5. The $28 application fee.

If either applicant has been previously married, a divorce decree is necessary showing the date and location of divorce. Once the marriage license is picked up (after the 72 hour waiting period) it will only be valid for 30 days.

Back to top

What are the requirements for obtaining a dog/cat license?
The State of New Jersey requires that a license be obtained for dogs/cats age 7 months and older. A rabies vaccination certificate valid through November 1 of the current year is required in order to obtain a license (for subsequent yearly license renewals the rabies certificate is only necessary if the vaccination expires prior to Nov. 1). The license fee is $15 for spayed/neutered pets and $20 if they are not.

Back to top

How do I report a street light outage?
Get the silver tag number on the pole and call 201-330-6478 with the number and location of outage.

Back to top